Friday, May 13, 2011

Two Weeks without an automobile

For the past two weeks due to my own ineptitude with filling in forms at the DMV, I have been getting to work using a combination of walking, biking, MetroNorth trains, Beeline Buses, CTTransit Buses, kind colleagues and a darling husband, I have managed to get on the 6:10 train and make it to work on time.
The coming week I purchased a train pass that allows unlimited trips between my two stops. I hope to get a few errands done on my way home.
Getting to a train on time is not difficult, but its is getting ready for departure that is a new part of the routine. I have developed a detailed checklist that gets put into some second hand panniers that go onto my bike.
  • Bungee Cord for securing the bike in the train vestibule
  • Train Ticket
  • Bike Permit for the Train
  • Water Bottle
  • Thermos
Plus all the other things you need when you leave for work.

No comments: